"Todd"/Victor & Blair [2006, Part 2]

["Todd"/Victor is on the run]
Blair: He's probably in Canada or Mexico by now.
Bo: I think any other man in his shoes probably would be, but Todd's consistent. Every time he goes on the run, it seems like he's trying to work his way back to you.

Blair: He gave up on me when I stopped believing in him.
Bo: Blair, do you honestly think that Manning will ever give up on you?

Spencer: (about Jack) The kid needs a father figure like nobody's business.
Blair: Well, he has one -- Todd.

Evangeline: Todd does extreme things for love. What about Spencer, you know? That does seem to be your type.
Blair: Well, I'm so glad you're an expert on me.

Blair: I know what it's like to be a fool for Todd.
Evangeline: Blair, you don't understand.
Blair: Oh, but you know what? I think I do. Better than anyone. I know what it's like to be sucked into Todd's web of lies. He gets you to believe him. Makes you think that he's the victim, and you're the only one that can save him. Evangeline, if he comes to you -- if he seeks you out and he wants you to help him, run. You turn around and you run as fast as you can. Because caring about Todd Manning is a no-win situation.

Blair: (to Spencer) Well, you've certainly been there for me. And I know that you've overcome so many obstacles to get where you are. I think I've always been attracted to a man that overcomes and reaches his goals. That's -- that's why I fell in love with --
Spencer: Todd?
Blair: I still love him, Spencer. I do.

["Todd"/Victor has a happy memory about a wintery vacation with Blair]
Blair: Take the ridiculous hat off.
"Todd"/Victor: No, it's cold out there. My ears get cold.
Blair: Yeah. Well, you're not going to get any unless you take the hat off.
"Todd"/Victor: I want to play New Hamsphire woodsman has sex with a yodeling milkmaid.
Blair: Take the hat off and let's see if you can teach me how to yodel.

["Todd"/Victor fantasizes about being with Blair for New Year's]
"Todd"/Victor: So, what about resolutions? You have any?
Blair: Absolutely. I'm resolved to loving you the rest of my life.
"Todd"/Victor: I thought that was a given.
Blair: No one can be what you are to me, Todd. You're my world. You're my everything. I could never love anyone the way that I love you.

[After "Todd"/Victor has watched Blair and Spencer having sex in the cabin]
Evangeline: I'm so sorry, Todd. I know what it feels like to --
"Todd"/Victor: Oh, you know what it feels like? Do you know what it feels like to be on the run for your life and see the woman you love having sex with the man who set you up to die? Do you know what that feels like? I don't think so.

"Todd"/Victor: I mean, up till now, I -- I could handle anything. But for her to sleep with Spencer Truman --
Evangeline: I'm so sorry, Todd. I keep saying that, I know. I wish I could come up with something to say that would help you.
"Todd"/Victor: God, how could she?
Evangeline: Spencer -- he can be charming.
"Todd"/Victor: Oh, that's -- but what difference does that make? She's not a child! She's a grown woman! She said she was committed to me! She was supposed to be committed to me!

"Todd"/Victor: (about Spencer) I remember when he came to town and he laid eyes on her. And he said to himself, "I'll have one of those." And he waited and he waited till she was ripe for the picking. And he picked her. And apparently, she was happy to be picked.
Evangeline: No, Todd, Blair has been in a lot of pain.
"Todd"/Victor: And that -- that slick son of a bitch -- he's kissing it all better, isn't he? I can't get the image of them going at it out of my head. It just keeps replaying and replaying. I don't know how I'm going to fight.

[After Spencer has found Todd's wedding ring outside the cabin]
Blair: Oh, my God. He saw us. He saw us through the window. That's why -- that's why he took the ring off. He -- he wanted to let me know that he saw us.
Spencer: Possibly, yeah.
Blair: Oh, my God. We're lucky he didn't come in here and -- and try to kill us both.

Spencer: You're still thinking about Todd, aren't you?
Blair: Well, I'm just -- he saw us, Spencer. He saw us making love and, you know, you might not be aware of this, but Todd is a very jealous man and you really don't know what he's capable of.

Blair: I've been connected to Todd mind, body, and soul for 15 years -- until now.
Kelly: So what are you saying, you feel the same way about Spencer that you did about Todd?
Blair: No, not the same. I -- things are good with Spencer and it feels right. It's just I feel so damn guilty.
Kelly: Because you still love Todd?
Blair: Yeah.

David: (about Todd) He'd annihilate anyone that came between him and Blair.

Blair: (to Spencer) Well, it's a family trait. When the Mannings get hurt, we do things that aren't good for ourselves, including me.

Evangeline: (about Spencer and Blair) I find it hard to believe that he would take a risk like that for a woman.
"Todd"/Victor: Yeah, not just any woman -- Blair. Of course he wanted her. I mean, he's not the kind of guy that gives up when he wants something. He would do anything. Anything -- lie, cheat, steal, manipulate -- to get her to trust him. And I'm sure he would just -- he would kill, do anything to get her to look at him deeply into his eyes, like no one has ever looked at him before. I don't think he'd care who he had to hurt to be with her.
Evangeline: Seem to know an awful lot about how Spencer feels.
"Todd"/Victor: Yeah, I do.

Blair: (to Spencer) Basically, all the men that I've been with have been the same. I mean, they're all, like, full of big dreams and big plans. I mean, even Asa. I mean, he fits the profile, although I do not, and did not ever, ever care about him. He -- he still fits that profile. And -- well, they've all been dangerous. And I don't know, I think maybe that's my addiction. I seem to be attracted to men that always seem to end up hurting me.

Bo: Now, Starr and Jack are doing just fine considering --
"Todd"/Victor: They're not fine. They're under Truman's spell, like my wife. You were supposed to protect them from that son of a bitch.
Bo: I can't tell Blair who she can see. You know that.
"Todd"/Victor: Yeah, it's how she's seeing him.

[Starr is devastated to learn that Blair is involved with Spencer]
Starr: Now I know why Dad left his wedding ring on the window sill at the lodge.
Blair: Why do you think that, honey?
Starr: He wanted to let you know that he loved you and not to forget him. And not to go cruising for a new boyfriend. Give me the ring, Mom, because it obviously means nothing to you and everything to me. (about the ring) Dad left this more for me than he did for you. If he knew Dr. Truman was staying the night at the lodge, he knew it was going to happen. And now he's out there. He's cold and scared. He's being hunted like a wild animal while you guys are having some sort of sex party.

Starr: (to Spencer) She'll never love you like she loved my dad.

"Todd"/Victor: (to Spencer) This is what drove you all along, right? Huh? What, can't you look at me? Hey! Can't look at me, huh? I know what you did. I know what you did. You want my wife. You got my wife now, right? But you had to do it one way -- get me out of the picture, so you set me up for Margaret's murder.

Spencer: (to Blair) Come on, let's get you out of here, too.
"Todd"/Victor: Yeah. Take her up to the ski lodge. Oh. Mmm.
Blair: Don't, Todd.
"Todd"/Victor: You think maybe it was the first time they did it? I think they've been going at it ever since the jury said "guilty."
Blair: Just stop it.

Blair: Todd, I'm sorry that you found out the way that you did, but not because we did something wrong -- because I knew you would flip out like this.
"Todd"/Victor: Oh, am I flipping out? Sounds like --
Blair: Do you expect me to believe you? That Spencer would actually kill a woman and her child?
"Todd"/Victor: No, but I could? My own child -- I could?

Evangeline: We could petition for clemency.
"Todd"/Victor: I don't know. It worked so well the first time.
Evangeline: Well, you didn't even read the damn statement, Todd. You didn't address the judge, you didn't address the jury. You -- you looked at Blair and you said, "I didn't do it." She didn't even look convinced.

[Blair visits "Todd"/Victor]
Blair: How are you?
"Todd"/Victor: How'd you manage to tear yourself away from Spencer's bed long enough to come here?
Blair: You're really going to do this?
"Todd"/Victor: What should I do? You know what I've been doing? I've been counting down the days till they stick me with the needle -- 37 days, in case you're wondering, in case you want to mark it on your calendar. Do you think you can wait that long to marry Spencer?
Blair: Just stop.
"Todd"/Victor: I mean, you guys shacking up now or what? Has he moved into the apartment?
Blair: Ok, you know what?
"Todd"/Victor: Into my bed?
Blair: This was a mistake.
"Todd"/Victor: Oh, that's right -- run away. Why don't you go put on your red dress? Pretend to move on. You'll never forget me.

Blair: I thought you might want to say goodbye to your kids, give them something, kind of a -- a goodbye package.
"Todd"/Victor: A what?
Blair: I saw something on television. It was a woman who had a terminal illness, and she put together a package for her little girl. And I -- and I talked to the warden and I told him I had the idea and -- he said that you could use that. What?
"Todd"/Victor: Let me get this straight -- so you want me to make a videotape? With -- with, what, fatherly wisdom for the kids?

Blair: I'm not trying to get you to confess anything, Todd.
"Todd"/Victor: Good. I'm not going to. I'm innocent. You know who isn't? Your boyfriend. He set me up. He's the real killer.

"Todd"/Victor: It was a setup from the beginning, Blair. He wanted you all to himself. And apparently it worked because he got you, didn't he?
Blair: Oh -- and you actually believe that, don't you?
"Todd"/Victor: Well, it's true.

Blair: Spencer is a doctor. And he saved your life. He saved Jack's life. And it's absolutely insane that you would think that he would murder Margaret -- get you on death row so you die so he could be with me. Todd, it's crazy.
"Todd"/Victor: I have never been more sane in my life. And if you are the woman I think you are -- or at least I thought you were -- the woman I thought I knew all these years, you should be able to take one look at that son of a bitch and know that I'm right and know the truth.
Blair: The truth? Huh. Like the truth that you hid Jack? Told me that he was dead because you thought he was Max's son? Or like the truth of Margaret? That she was pregnant with your baby? Why don't you do something. Do something for your kids.
"Todd"/Victor: You know I'm right. Deep down, you know I'm right. And you still love me. You'll always love me. I'm like a part of you. You didn't come here to ask me to make some stupid video. You came here because you wanted to see me. You needed to see me. Someday -- someday, you're going to see I'm right.

[Blair watches the video she asked "Todd"/Victor to make "for the kids"]
"Todd"/Victor: So, you wanted me to make a goodbye video for the kids. I won't, I can't. Uh -- I don't know what I could possibly say that would be enough for them anyway. Um -- the exact right thing to say doesn't exist. Uh -- besides, I think that they know that I love them and that I know they believe in me, so, no, I think this -- this videotape is for you, Blair. Uh -- been quite a while since I've had your undivided attention, so you're going to hear me out. Not before they kill me, but when they do it. Well, I got to hand it to -- to Spencer Truman. Uh... (chuckles) He -- he set me up good. He -- he got me all turned around. And he -- he set me up. He's a smooth son of a bitch there, your boy. Now, I realize that I -- I have messed up a lot, that I have -- I have told a few too many lies in my life. But what I'm about to tell you is not a lie. I did not kill Margaret Cochran. I would never harm an unborn child, especially my own. Spencer Truman is the real cold-blooded killer here. That's right. Spencer Truman set me up. And one day, you're going to see that. You want to know what I see when I close my eyes? I see the image of you two up in our ski cabin going at it together, with our children in the next room. Way to go, Blair. You know, I don't care. You might say -- uh -- we're not technically married. I don't care. You are not supposed to be with another man. You're not supposed to be with any man but me. As far as I'm concerned, we are man and wife, and you -- you trashed that relationship. You just -- you gave up on me, you gave up on us and our family. But I'm telling you, I'm not going to -- uh -- I don't care if I have to -- if I have to reach from beyond the grave. I'm not giving up. I will be damned if I let Spencer Truman steal my children -- the things that are good and right about my life. You -- you hate me. You think that I betrayed you. Well, the reality is, I was just too stupid to know what the right thing to do was. I'm a mess, but I'm no murderer. I -- yeah, this is supposed to be a goodbye tape. I don't care. I'm not saying goodbye. I'm not confessing. I'm going to fight like hell to get back to my children. That's what I want to tell you. I don't care what you do. I don't care how bad it gets for me. I'm not giving up. If I don't win that fight, I want you to realize something. I want you to never forget something. You were my life. And tell the children -- well, I want you to tell the children that I plan on being home with them on the fourth of July, and we're going to watch fireworks together. Have -- have Charlie from maintenance clean the windows so we can see them good. And if I don't make it -- something comes up and I don't make it, tell them that -- that I will never stop loving them. And tell them that I never stopped loving you.

Evangeline: Spencer isn't going to do anything to Blair. I hate to say this, but she believes in him.
"Todd"/Victor: Are you trying to cheer me up?

[Blair comes to see "Todd"/Victor]
Blair: You know, every morning I wake up, and, you know, it just -- it just doesn't seem real, and I forget. And then I look over at the clock, and I just -- time just kind of ticks away.
"Todd"/Victor: Yes, I know. It's not a foreign concept to me, either.
Blair: You know, just because you stop loving somebody --
"Todd"/Victor: Yeah, you haven't stopped loving anybody.
Blair: It doesn't mean --
"Todd"/Victor: So what do you do? You -- you count down the minutes and seconds because you think it'll be easier when it's all over? Is that it?
Blair: No. It just seems like hope is the cruelest thing of all.
"Todd"/Victor: There's always hope. You just don't want to see it.
Blair: I can't. I just can't.

Blair: I was just saying a prayer for Todd.
Kelly: It must be hard.
Blair: I know that I'm better off without him. But in a couple of weeks, he's going to be gone -- I mean, really, really gone this time. But he's not coming back like he always does.

["Todd"/Victor fantasizes about Blair freeing him from prison]
"Todd"/Victor: I knew you'd come through for me. And I knew you'd get me out of here.
Blair: I'm not the one.
"Todd"/Victor: Of course you are. You'll always be the one.
Blair: I'm not the one who got you out of jail, Todd.
"Todd"/Victor: But you're here, and they s me free, and you love me.
Blair: That's the problem, Todd -- it hurts too much to love you.
"Todd"/Victor: Wait. You can't go.
Blair: I have to.
"Todd"/Victor: What are you going to do? You going to go back to Spencer? Blair, can't you see? He's the killer. He's more than dangerous. You got to believe me.
Blair: How can I?
"Todd"/Victor: You can't stay with him.
Blair: What am I supposed to do, Todd -- go back to you? You'd never forgive me for the things I've done. You never forgive anyone.
"Todd"/Victor: That's not true. That's not true. I'll forgive you.

[Blair comes to visit "Todd"/Victor for real]
"Todd"/Victor: Do you remember the last time you were here, you communicated to me that you had no use for me. But here you are. Why? Have you finally realized you're sleeping with the enemy?
Blair: I'm not here to discuss Spencer, okay?
"Todd"/Victor: Okay. Then what would you like to talk about? Not much new here, here I am, death row. You're still sleeping with the guy that put me here, aren't you?

"Todd"/Victor: Name somebody -- I mean, besides my children and my sister -- name somebody who thinks I deserve to live.
Blair: I do. I don't want you to die.
"Todd"/Victor: So, really, coming here to tell me about Evangeline, it was just an excuse, wasn't it? Yeah, because the truth is you wanted to see me. The truth is you still love me.
Blair: No, Todd.
"Todd"/Victor: Oh, come off it.
Blair: I came for the kids.
"Todd"/Victor: Hey! We're running out of time here. Let's make things right, huh, before it's too late.

Spencer: I was just trying to be a friend to Blair. I can't help it if we fell in love.
Dorian: You're delusional. The only man Blair has ever loved, will ever love, is Todd Manning.

"Todd"/Victor: (to Blair) I almost gave up on you once. You know, when Asa kidnapped you and put you in that loony bin. I thought you were gone. I thought that we were through. But I remembered something -- nobody can keep us apart. Nobody, except us. And I knew you were out there somewhere. And I never stopped looking. And I knew you'd never give up on me. And I found you and I took you off that ledge. I need you to believe in me now the way I believed in you then.
Blair: I can't.
"Todd"/Victor: 10 days -- I have 10 days left in my life. It's a vacation to a lot of people. For me, it's a death sentence. 10 days. It's less than one day for every year that I've been in love with you.
Blair: It wasn't just love, Todd. There was hurt. There was pain. There was misery, and there was hate. You used to be my world, Todd, but not anymore. Don't confuse compassion with love. Because I don't love you anymore.
"Todd"/Victor: Hey -- you're lying to me. Don't walk away from me! Tell me you love me!

Spencer: Oh, Blair's through with Todd. She's over him.
Dorian: How many times have I heard that in the past? I've learned not to get my hopes up.

Spencer: You do still believe that he's guilty, right?
Blair: But -- yeah, I don't -- I don't know -- you know, sometimes I wonder and -- yeah, you know, it's stupid. It -- it's stupid. How could I possibly still believe in Todd?

[Blair sees Viki on television making an appeal for a stay of execution for Todd]
Viki: My brother is actually very close to finding the evidence that will exonerate him, and I have continued to make appeals to Governor Brooks. By joining this protest at the prison, we will all be sending a message directly to Harrisburg.
Spencer: (shutting off the TV) You don't need to listen to any more of that garbage.
Blair: Wait a minute. I'm beginning to think it's not garbage anymore.

[After Blair has brought the kids to say goodbye to "Todd"/Victor before his date of execution]
Blair: We need to talk, Todd. It's important.
[Todd has a flashback to Spencer taunting him about "comforting" Blair after Todd is gone]
"Todd"/Victor: Uh, I got nothing to say to her. Get her out of here. I want to be alone with my kids.
Guard: All right. You stay here. (to Blair) Let's go.
Blair: Todd, no.
Guard: (to Blair) Come on.
Blair: No, this could be the last time --
"Todd"/Victor: I said get her out of here!

Blair: (to the guard) Look, I -- I know my ex-husband is really mad at me, but if you would just let me have two seconds with him and -- at least -- at least he'd die knowing that I still -- I still --

[Blair tries to get "Todd"/Victor to talk to her one last time]
Blair: Please, Todd? Please, God, talk to me! Todd? Please? I know you're just trying to punish me because I know you still love me. You still love me. I want to believe you, Todd. I -- I've wanted to believe you all along, but how could I when you always lie to me? You always lie to me. Damn it, Todd, don't do this! I don't want you to die. I don't want you to die until you hear what I have to say! Please. Please. Please.

[Dorian doesn't want Blair to go to the prison for the execution]
Dorian: Are you sure that you should go to the prison? It really just seems to me like it's a really masochistic, almost ghoulish thing to do.
Blair: Please -- please, don't do this to me, please.
Dorian: But just know this. I -- I -- I hope and I pray that when this is over, you will be able to move on to -- to the kind of life that you deserve.
Blair: Haven't I gotten that already?
Dorian: Oh, don't you do that. Don't you blame yourself for this. You -- you have loved with all your heart and soul a man. You have given him two gorgeous children. It's not your fault --
Blair: Don't --
Dorian: That he turned out to be a sociopathic killer.
Blair: Don't! Please, don't do this. Now, I doubt if Starr will want to talk about it, but if she does -- if she does, you speak about Todd with respect. Because no matter what you think about him, that man will always be that little girl's father. Always.

["Todd"/Victor at first refuses to speak to Blair before he's executed]
"Todd"/Victor: No, I can't -- I can't talk to Blair. I can't see her. I -- I still love her, but I -- I just can't forgive her for turning her back on me, and so I don't want to remember her the way we are now. I just -- you understand?

[Blair is desperate to talk to him before he's executed]
Blair: Todd.
Warden Fisher: Ma'am, you have to get yourself under control.
Blair: No, I have to talk to him.
Warden Fisher: You can't.
Blair: I have to tell him how sorry I am.
Warden Fisher: Please, ma'am --
Blair: I'm sorry.
Warden Fisher: You have --
Blair: He wants to say something to me. I know he does.
Warden Fisher: He had his chance.
Blair: No. We have two children together.
Warden Fisher: He had the opportunity.
Blair: Please --
"Todd"/Victor: (to the warden) I have something to say to her. (to Blair) I'm going to haunt you. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean you an get rid of me. You're going to realize I'm innocent one of these days. And then you're never going to get a moment's peace. I still love you, but I can't forgive you. I can't forgive you. No, it's too late, I'm not going to forgive you. That's all I have to say.

[After the injections have started...]
Blair: What have they done to him?

[John brings Margaret into the room as the execution is going on]
John: Stop! Stop the execution!
Bo: Margaret?
Viki: Oh, my God!
Blair: Oh, Todd!
John: Manning's innocent! He didn't kill anyone!
Blair: Oh, Todd! Todd!

[Blair begs Spencer to save "Todd"/Victor]
Blair: Spencer, you've got to -- you've got to do something. Don't give up, please. You've got to do something to save -- save Todd. Please.
Spencer: Blair, he's been without oxygen for far too long. About the only thing I could do is crack open his sternum and perform open-heart massage.
Blair: Do it.
Spencer: It's just I'm not equipped to do that here. I'm sorry, I've done everything I can.
Blair: Spencer. Spencer, please, you've got to save him. You have to. Please do something. I'll owe you for the rest of my life. Please, I'll do anything, Spencer. Just save him. Please. Please.

Blair: I'm sorry, Todd. I should never have stopped believing in you. Don't die, Todd. Please don't die.

[Blair prays]
Blair: God, thank you for saving Todd. And if possible, forgive me. Forgive me for not believing in him. What -- what's happening to my family? What have I done? Oh, what have I done?

V&B 03-06

Part 1 [May-June]
Part 2 [July-Aug]
Part 3 [Sept-Oct]
Part 4 [Nov-Dec]

not open yet

not open yet

Part 1 [Jan-Feb]
Part 2 [Mar-May]
[Jun-Dec coming soon]

back to main

web