"Todd"/Victor & Blair [2006, Part 1]

[Blair arrives to see Todd in jail]
"Todd"/Victor: You look serious.
Blair: It's almost 2006 and I'm not bringing in the New Year without you.

"Todd"/Victor: You know, we really should be married, spending New Year's together that way.
Blair: We're together now. That's all that matters.
"Todd"/Victor: This really isn't together, though, is it?

"Todd"/Victor: I'm wondering whether I'm going to get fried for something I didn't do.
Blair: I am not -- look at me -- I'm not going to let that happen.
"Todd"/Victor: It's your will against everyone else's, though.
Blair: Oh, come on. Like they're a match for us?

"Todd"/Victor: I should be out there, helping you through this.
Blair: I love you, Todd. And I'm with you now. And that helps me.

Blair: Starr is going to take driver's ed this semester. She says she wants her license on her birthday and not a day later.
"Todd"/Victor: Yes, that's probably so she can stop taking cabs when she sneaks out.
Blair: Thank you. Thank you very much. That is a great comfort, Todd.

Blair: Do you get any rest while you're in here?
"Todd"/Victor: No, not really. Bad dreams. But really, all I have to do is figure out how to pass the time, and I think you're the one that's doing most of the work.
Blair: Your kids have been great.
"Todd"/Victor: I'm not talking about the kids. I'm talking about you. I know everybody thinks I'm guilty, and they probably say you're a fool for sticking by me.
Blair: I know you, Todd. And I know the truth. And when have we ever given a damn what other people think about us, huh?

Blair: Oh, it's almost midnight.
"Todd"/Victor: Well, let's hope this year's a hell of a lot better than the last one.
Blair: It's New Year's.
"Todd"/Victor: And I love you.
Blair: And I love you, Todd. Happy New Year.
"Todd"/Victor: Happy New Year.

"Todd"/Victor: I wish to hell you didn't have to go through this, hearing every bad thing I've ever done in my life.
Blair: I know who you are, Todd. I know that you're innocent. I believe in you.

"Todd"/Victor: How come that D.A. looks so much more relaxed than Evangeline over here?
Blair: Because he's a jerk and he's just trying to make us nervous.
"Todd"/Victor: It's working.

Evangeline: Look, the last thing the jury needs to see or even sense is that you and Todd are at odds. If they think you don't believe in him, they're not going to believe in him, either.
Blair: I believe in him. He's just making it hard.

[After Blair has overheard Todd offering to pay Denton not to tell anyone that he killed Margaret]
"Todd"/Victor: Are you interested in hearing my side of the story?
Blair: Your side of the story? That's all I've been hearing for months, Todd -- your side, your revisions of your side, your explanation of why the last time your side was a lie! And then, oh, no, no, no, this time it's really, really true -- until you make up another version of your side. My side doesn't change, though. My side's always the same. It's how are we going to get our kids through this, how am I going to push down my fear for another day, another month, another year, because this nightmare never seems to end for me!

Blair: Don't you even think about touching me. Don't you think about it because I swear to God I'm at the edge. And, as usual, I'm alone.
"Todd"/Victor: I'm right here. I am in this cell, I'm in this situation fighting for you! For our children! For my life! And everything and everyone is against me, and now you -- I'm sorry. Blair, I can't lose you. I can't.
Blair: Well, you know what? It's not up to you anymore.

"Todd"/Victor: Blair, you know that I didn't kill her. You know it. I can't lose you. You can't turn against me.
Blair: Todd, I heard you tell Denton not to tell anyone, that you would pay him not to tell anyone.
"Todd"/Victor: I would pay anybody any amount of money to say that.

Blair: You knew that Margaret was pregnant with Todd's baby, yet you let me sit there and wonder for months why she was coming after me and my kids.
Spencer: I couldn't tell you still. Todd was my patient when I learned about Margaret. He's the one who asked me not to tell anyone.
Blair: I'm not "anyone."

Blair: I'm not going, Dorian.
Dorian: What do you mean, you're not going? You've been subpoenaed. They're going to throw the book at you if you don't show up. Besides which -- much as I hate to say it -- we all know you're not going to say anything against Todd.

Blair: Margaret Cochran deserved to die. She kidnapped Todd on our wedding day. She locked me in a trunk of a car for days. I almost died in a junkyard. She held a piece of glass to my daughter's throat and tried to kill her. Any mother would feel the way I feel.
Hugh: And any father, as well?

Blair: I feel like I am on a railroad track, and I see the lights and I hear the brakes screeching, but I swear to you, as much as I tell myself that I've got to get off, I can't. I feel like I'm paralyzed.
Kelly: Blair, you're in an impossible situation. I don't know how I would handle this if I were in your shoes.
Blair: I'm not handling it. That's -- that's the point, I'm not.
Kelly: Look, you love Todd and he loves you. You both hated Margaret -- with good reason, I might add. You add the evidence to that, it's only natural that you would have doubts. Anyone would.
Blair: He's the father of my children, Kelly, and I can't even look him in the eye.

"Todd"/Victor: (to Rex) I'm not talking about a jury. I'm talking about Blair now. She thinks -- she's convinced that I did it. I can't have that. I can't have that.

"Todd"/Victor: (about Blair) She's just been through too much, too many lies. The truth is the only thing that's going to get her back. She needs to hear the truth.
Rex: Desperate times, desperate measures, huh?
"Todd"/Victor: God, you know, I was in the courtroom today, and I called out her name. It was like I didn't even exist.

"Todd"/Victor: It's not about the verdict. This is about Blair.
Rex: I get it.
"Todd"/Victor: Ok, great. Thank you.
Rex: You're welcome.
"Todd"/Victor: Oh. Huh, hey, you want to -- do you want to hear something weird? I never thought -- I never thought until now that I would lose everything. I never believed it, but I believe now.

"Todd"/Victor: (to Bo) I don't give a damn about the jury anyway. My wife is the only one I care about. If she thinks I'm guilty, they might as well kill me now.

Blair: I just keep hoping for a miracle, that some new evidence will come out that'll prove Todd innocent. Then, you know what? I think, "Here I am, here I am fighting everybody that I know, believing in a man who's never given me any reason to believe him." I mean, how gullible can I be, buying Todd's theory that somebody else murdered Margaret and set him up for the fall. Please.

[Blair drowns her sorrows at Rodi's]
Bartender: Your drink.
Blair: Oh. Right.
Bartender: You were somewhere else.
Blair: I was just thinking about how I met the love of my life once right here in this bar. Well, here's to forgetting. I certainly pray to God you made this strong enough.

[Todd's testimony about why he didn't tell the police about Margaret's accidental drowning]
"Todd"/Victor: I didn't tell the police because I didn't think they would believe me and I didn't want to go to jail. Not because I'm afraid of jail, but because I couldn't do that to my family. I couldn't leave my fiancée alone, I couldn't leave my children without a father. I didn't tell anybody because, really, for the same reason that I couldn't go through with killing Margaret. Because I didn't want to -- I didn't want to be that person in the eyes of my family. But I swear on my love for my family, on my love for my children and my wife that I didn't kill this woman.

Spencer: Where did you go on this bender of yours exactly, anyway?
Blair: The usual. Rodi's. That's where Todd and I first fell in love. I tried to exorcise him from my system.
Spencer: Did it work?
Blair: I don't know if it'll ever work, but I can tell you this much -- we're over.
Spencer: Even if you still love him?
Blair: How could I be in love with a baby killer, Spencer?

Spencer: No matter what happens, whatever the outcome in court, it'll all be over, and you'll be able to move on with the rest of your life. Hang in there.
Blair: What is my life without Todd?

[Todd has been found guilty of killing Margaret]
Evangeline: We're going to keep on fighting. I'm going to right to work on your appeal. This is not the end.
"Todd"/Victor: I don't know, if I've lost Blair, it is the end for me.

Blair: I never thought that I'd have to be a single parent like this.
Spencer: Well, you've done it before when you thought Todd was dead.
Blair: That's different. I was just holding on to a -- to the belief that I loved him, that I believed in him. Now I don't even have that. And, you know, I think the hardest part of all this is that he doesn't even seem sorry for what he did. He doesn't seem sorry that he murdered Margaret or his own child or what he's done to us.
Spencer: Sociopaths usually don't have a real concept of others' feelings.
Blair: Well, just when did it happen? When did it happen to him?

Evangeline: Need anything? Any water?
"Todd"/Victor: No, I just wish Blair was here.

Viki: We're going to fight this.
"Todd"/Victor: No, I said no. What difference does it make? Even if I get through this, I've lost everything that matters to me.

"Todd"/Victor: If you believe me, why can't Blair?
Viki: I don't know. I think that trust has always been a big issue between you two.
"Todd"/Victor: So you saying that it's not because of what she thinks I did, it's because I lied to her? Except I didn't lie to her.
Viki: I don't know what Blair is thinking. But, I mean, you've been in this situation before and you've always found your way back to each other.
"Todd"/Victor: This feels different.

[Todd sees Blair after he's been found guilty]
"Todd"/Victor: How did this happen? How could you lose so much faith in me after all we've been through?
Blair: No, I'm not going to talk about this with you.
"Todd"/Victor: Who can you talk about it with, Blair? Spencer?
Blair: Yeah, Spencer Truman.
"Todd"/Victor: Son of a bitch.
Blair: You know what, you have no right, Todd. Only thing I'm guilty of is leaning on a friend's shoulder in a time of crisis. You killed your own son.
"Todd"/Victor: I didn't do anything. I'm innocent. Blair -- you love me. You know you do. You always will. And I'll never stop loving you, Blair. Never.

Evangeline: You believe Denton over Todd?
Blair: You're new to Todd's lying. I'm not. He's good. He makes you believe him. I did it for years, but not anymore because I was burned one too many times.

Blair: (about Todd) Look, he's guilty! He's out of my life and that's the way I want it!
Evangeline: Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?

[Viki visits Todd in jail]
Viki: Blair is confused right now, okay? You have to give her time and space.
"Todd"/Victor: Oh -- huh. What else am I going to give her from here?

Blair: I didn't want to believe it. I would've walked through fire for that man. But he lied to me over and over again about Margaret and about the baby.
Evangeline: And you still believed him -- you still believed him.
Blair: I even tried to sell my kids on it. I said, "You know what? Your daddy -- he's innocent. He's not going to go to jail. You know, the system's going to work." But you know what? The system did work. He's guilty. And now I have to help my kids with the fact that their father is a monster and a coward. And -- and not the hero that they want him to be.

Jessica: I still just don't understand why Blair -- she's cutting you off like that.
"Todd"/Victor: She thinks I killed Margaret. Actually, that's probably okay with her. It's the fact that I killed Margaret's kid that's the problem.
Jessica: Well, I believe in you. And Mom does, too. And so does Evangeline.
"Todd"/Victor: Yeah, well, I didn't make a career out of lying to any of you, not the way I did to Blair.

"Todd"/Victor: I got nothing left. Blair's gone.
Jessica: Todd, you can't do that. You can't give up. I mean, no more than I can. You can't stop fighting till you get Blair back.

"Todd"/Victor: (to Rex) I've been in here before. I can handle anything they throw at me. What I can't handle is life without Blair.

Rex: Look, with all due respect, it is going to take a ton of proving to overturn the conviction.
"Todd"/Victor: I don't care about the conviction, I care about Blair. I want to prove it to her.
Rex: That's all well and good, but she is not the one who's going to let you walk out that front gate.
"Todd"/Victor: Well, I don't care about walking out the front gate if she's not there waiting for me.
Rex: Do they have mirrors in here? If they do, you should look into one because you are not going to make it if you don't get sprung. And being dead is not going to help your relationship with Blair.
"Todd"/Victor: You don't get it. I have screwed up so many times with her and I've been guilty and she's forgiven me. This time I'm not guilty, I'm innocent, and she won't forgive me and I don't know why.

Adriana: Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean the conversation to get steered towards Todd.
Blair: Oh, come on. Everything makes me think of Todd these days. You say "chair," I see him sitting in it. That's why it hurts so much, and I'm just hoping that tomorrow it won't hurt as much.
Adriana: Maybe it wouldn't hurt so much if you left some hope in your heart.

Blair: So you went to see Todd again?
Rex: I just came from his home away from home, and he's not looking too good. Seems as though his buddies at the prison are treating him like a pinata.
Blair: Ok, you know what, I -- I don't want to hear any of that.
Rex: I'm sorry. But you didn't see the look on his face when I mentioned your name. I know what it's like to screw things up with someone you lo-- uh -- with someone that you care about, to the point where they can't even look at you in the eye. It blows.
Blair: Well, Todd really screwed things up.
Rex: No doubt. But you had a life together, kids. Now, he swears he's innocent, and, I got to tell you, I don't know what to believe. But for what it's worth, life isn't worth anything to him without you.

[Evangeline calls Blair before Todd's sentencing]
Evangeline: Look, Blair, I know you're hurt and angry right now, but we're talking about Todd's life. No matter what news he gets today, it's not going to be good, and he shouldn't have to face this alone. So are you going to be there for him? He needs you. Blair, are you still there?
Blair: Yeah.
Evangeline: Are you going to be there for Todd?
Blair: I'll be there.

Blair: I put all these pictures of Todd away. I wanted to erase him from the house.All those hours of looking into those eyes, never once did I think a cold-blooded murderer was looking back at me. I guess that's why they get away with it. Murderers don't always look like murderers.

Judge: Would the defendant like to make a statement?
Judge: You may address the jury.
[Todd turns around to face Blair]
"Todd"/Victor: (to Blair) I'm innocent.
Judge: Is that all?
"Todd"/Victor: Yes.
Judge: Be seated.

[Blair has an outburst in court after Todd is sentenced to death]
Blair: You don't understand! None of you understand! How do you explain to your children that their father's been sentenced to death, huh?
[Dorian tries to comfort Blair, but Blair brushes her off]
Blair: Just don't touch me, Dorian! Stop acting like you care about Todd! You've hated him ever since I met him! So now he's going to die. You happy now? Huh?
Judge: Ms. Cramer --
Blair: Shut up! (turning to Hugh) Hugh? You happy? You got your notch in your belt of wins? You got to send a man to prison, he's going to die! You happy?
Dorian: Honey --
Blair: (turning to Evangeline) What are you staring at, Evangeline, huh? He depended on you. He needed you and you let him down.
Judge: Ms. Cramer --
Blair: Shut up!
Dorian: Stop it! You are going to be held in contempt!
Blair: I hope they do, I hope they do, because that's what I feel right now is contempt. (to Todd) Contempt for you, Todd. You killed -- you killed an innocent baby. You killed your own son! He never had a chance to breathe! He never had a chance to be held, to be lo-- I can't -- I can't breathe.
[Blair faints]

[After Blair awakens later, Dorian tries to comfort her]
Blair: I can't believe it. Todd's going to be executed.
Dorian: Shh. Sweetheart? Please, don't even think about it. Shh.
Blair: I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

Dorian: You know, Todd, I always did think that, in your own twisted way, you really did love Blair and the children. I know that you believe that you do. But real love requires self-sacrifice, and you're not capable of that.
"Todd"/Victor: What do you know about self-sacrifice, Dorian?
Dorian: I would run into a burning building for any one of my girls.
"Todd"/Victor: And don't you know I would do the same thing for Blair and my children?

"Todd"/Victor: When Margaret Cochran came into my life, I had everything. I had everything at my fingertips. Blair was going to marry me, I was going to have a family.
Dorian: Well, that's over because Blair hates you now.
"Todd"/Victor: No, nothing is over till I say it's over! And you believe me, you're not going to be a part of that decision!

[Todd asks Dorian to keep Spencer away from Blair]
Dorian: You know, if you hadn't lied to Blair and isolated her, Spencer wouldn't have had a chance.
"Todd"/Victor: Just listen to me! I want you to keep that bastard away from my wife. Yeah, that's right, I still think of her as my wife. And I won't be able to sleep a wink in here if I imagine him with his hand on her. You do it. You do whatever it takes to keep him away from her, you got it?

Blair: I remember when nothing would stand in my way of what I wanted -- not family, not friends. If I saw something I wanted, I just reached out and I grabbed it. When I met Todd, I met my match. Drove me crazy and I couldn't turn away from it, though, you know? Seems like no matter what anyone told me, I knew that no one would ever see me the way that Todd saw me. He knew I was bad, but he loved me anyway. I think he loved me because of that. We were the same that way. But I don't know about now. If I were in Todd's position, would I be able to kill that woman?
Spencer: I don't think you could. It's not your nature.
Blair: Yeah. Something really dark -- really dark inside Todd, and he just can't escape it. But I always thought that there was something in our love that was strong enough to overcome anything. But I've never been so wrong about anything in my entire life.

Evangeline: Your kids don't want you to die, Todd, and neither does Blair. Have you given any thought at all to what she wants?
"Todd"/Victor: I think about Blair all the time. And what she wants. And it's not me. I think she hates me.

Evangeline: As long as you're still alive, I don't believe that Blair will ever be able to completely let you go, no matter what she says.
"Todd"/Victor: But she deserves better than -- than this. Better than -- than what I can give her from here.

David: You know, speaking of Todd, he would always lose control when it came to Blair. At least he won't be around this time to see her with Spencer.

[Blair comes to visit Todd in jail]
"Todd"/Victor: I didn't expect to see you. But -- boy, I can't find the words. How you doing? You ok? I mean, physically, are you ok? I mean, I know you passed out in the courtroom.
Blair: I'm handling things. Or at least I was until I heard that you refused your appeal for the death penalty. Is that true?
"Todd"/Victor: Uh-huh.
Blair: Why, Todd? Why are you giving up on yourself like that?
"Todd"/Victor: What do you care? You've already given up on me. And without you, my life isn't worth anything.

"Todd"/Victor: I'm right, aren't I? You've moved on with Spencer.
Blair: Todd. How can you even ask me about something like that when you're about to be put to death?
"Todd"/Victor: Well, that's why I'm asking now. Later will be too late.

Blair: I can't just sit back and watch you throw your life away.
"Todd"/Victor: But -- but -- uh -- I'm a murderer, aren't I? Huh? Isn't this what I deserve? You look me in the eye. You look me in the eye and you tell me I'm innocent. Tell me you believe I didn't kill Margaret and my unborn child. You tell me that, maybe, maybe I'll think about appealing.
[Blair doesn't say anything]
"Todd"/Victor: Yeah, that's what I thought.

[Paige visits Todd and informs him that she knows he was set-up, but she quickly exits before saying anything else]
"Todd"/Victor: (to the guard) She knows I'm innocent. Get her back here. She knows I'm innocent! I -- no, I got to make a call, I got to make a call.
Guard: It's too late!
"Todd"/Victor: I got to talk to Blair!

"Todd"/Victor: I need to see Blair. I'm innocent! I need to see my wife!
John: What's going on?
Guard: Manning. He's been hollering like that for a while.
John: Guess reality's finally setting in.

Blair: (to Spencer) I'm not over Todd. Seems like I can't get over him, and not just now, but in the past. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to get over him and I can't, and I don't think I ever will.

Starr: Tell me a story.
Blair: What kind of story you want me to tell you?
Starr: A real one, about when you and dad were happy. Or can't you remember any of those?
Blair: Yeah. I can remember a lot of them, baby. I can remember a lot of them.

Blair: Spencer, I can't let you in.
Spencer: What do you mean, you can't let me in? Open up. Come on, what's -- what's going on? Are you all right?
Blair: I still love Todd. And nothing is ever going to change that.

Blair: (about Todd) Look, on New Year's Eve, I sat outside his jail cell and I held his hand. I was there with him because I didn't want him to be alone, and I told him that I loved him.
Spencer: Well, you were just doing the right thing, that's all.
Blair: I told him the truth.
Spencer: Well, I remember the night you and I spent together, and --
Blair: So do I. I was just trying to numb myself from the pain. I was trying to forget and pretend that the man that I love didn't matter to me.
Spencer: He's gone, Blair. It's over.
Blair: Well, that's where you're wrong, Spencer, because, see, it's never over with Todd and me.

Spencer: Let me tell you that there is nothing that I wouldn't do for you, Blair. Especially if it means extinguishing some of these bad feelings and memories about Todd. You understand?
Blair: Well, you can't do that. No one can.
Spencer: Are you absolutely sure?
Blair: I can't forget about Todd. I didn't say I wasn't attracted to you. And you have been there for me through the worst time in my life, but, Spencer, I am not going to use you to forget about Todd. It won't work. You know that and so do I.

[Starr has just learned that Todd's plane crashed]
Starr: Mom, the plane -- it went down!
Blair: What plane?
Starr: The plane that Dad was on. It crashed!
Blair: (to a police officer) Is that true?
Officer: Sorry, ma'am. The kid heard me talking to someone.
Blair: Well, is Todd --
Officer: Sorry, ma'am. That's all the info I got. Sorry.
Blair: Shh. It's ok. It's ok, baby. It's ok. Todd can't be dead. He can't be dead.

Starr: (to Blair) I saw your face when you heard about the plane. You still love Dad, don't you? You still love Dad, no matter what you say. You don't want him to die.

Blair: (to Hugh) The father of my children is missing. He could be frozen to death up in a mountain somewhere and that's all you can say is "good morning?" I want to know what's going on and I'm not leaving here and you tell me, how are you going to save Todd?

Blair: Is there a possibility that Todd has survived? Damn it! I have two children at home and they're scared to death that they're never going to see their father again.
Hugh: Chances are they weren't going to see him again anyway.
Blair: You son of a bitch.
Hugh: I'm not the one who murdered a pregnant woman. As far as I can tell, you're the only person who gives a damn whether Manning lives or dies.

Hugh: Have you checked your voicemail lately?
Blair: No, why?
Hugh: Well, because if Todd survived the crash, there's a chance he'd -- well, he'd probably try to contact you.
Blair: Oh. You think I'm hiding him out? I mean, that's what it sounds like. Like you're insinuating--
Hugh: No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm just saying that if he survived the crash --
Blair: "If?"

Blair: When I go outside, there's -- there's all that press there. I can't do anything, I can't go anywhere, I can't use my cell phone. They're staking out my car. All I want to do -- I just want it -- I just want it quiet. I want to be alone, and -- and when I am quiet, all I -- all I can think about is Todd and -- and that plane up there in the mountains and what he was thinking about.
Spencer: Listen, you're making yourself crazy, all right? You've got to try to stop thinking about it so much.
Blair: I don't know how I can do that, Spencer. I close my eyes and I think, did Todd know he was going to die? Was he thinking of me?

[Spencer tells Blair that he thinks Todd died in the plane crash]
Blair: Well, you know what? There are other possibilities.
Spencer: Like what?
Blair: He could've survived. He could've escaped. He's done it before.

V&B 03-06

Part 1 [May-June]
Part 2 [July-Aug]
Part 3 [Sept-Oct]
Part 4 [Nov-Dec]

not open yet

not open yet

Part 1 [Jan-Feb]
Part 2 [Mar-May]
[Jun-Dec coming soon]

back to main

web